WL Associates was established in 2005 by Karin Weisenborn and Chris Linskaill, lawyers with extensive technical and commercial backgrounds and having hands-on experience in the government, regulatory and private sector.
Since our beginning we have worked with over 50 upstream start-ups, majors, contractors, government bodies and regulatory authorities covering regions from the North Sea and Eastern Europe through the Middle East, West Africa, South America, the Caribbean and Australasia.
We have advised, negotiated, and prepared necessary documentation for:
- Corporate asset acquisitions and divestments
- Petroleum Agreements (SPA, FOA, ORR, Transportation, Processing and Tie-in Agreements)
- Licence Interest Documents (JOA, UUOA)
- Venture (re-)structuring (LLPs, Ltd’s partnerships, JVAs)
- Unconventionals (shale gas licensing, permitting, drilling and production)
- Regulatory matters (in the Netherlands and UK)
- Dispute resolution (litigation, arbitration and mediation)
On larger projects and disputes WL Associates works together with favoured associate legal firms and technical consultants to provide a one-stop shop to expedite client’s business.